Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new win10 user needs help, badly. (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer darkmj16 , 06 April 2019 - 06:14 AM

My m.2 sets kinda in the middle of the board. Butni dont think its ever reached 30c. Now my data drive which its a 3.5 sits right in front of my intake lol good case design there. When i was gamin... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Try this:

Reboot into safe mode:  https://www.cnet.com...-in-windows-10/  

Then try this again:

Go to start > type CMD > Right click and click run as admin > Type sfc /scannow > When it is finished, please let us know if there was any errors.

Also you might have to copy the results to notepad and save it on your desktop, reboot into normal mode and then copy and paste it here.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

so many questions lol. SpywareDr, that does look inviting but im not on a touch screen, i do not want touch screen bs. i just want a simple desktop and start menu lol.

:confused: You don't need a touchscreen to use Zorin. It is probably the most Windows-like Linux distribution there is.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Spy, im reffering to the tiles and stuff. now if its like win7 i might do it. but if its all tile and tablet-ly like win10 then ill just stay with win10

no im not in the windows insider program... atleast not to my knowleadge.

heres the scan results.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.379]
© 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\System32>sfc/scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\System32>

heres the cbs log. still freaking huge. but looks like some errors? seems like its not repairing just scanning?

Attached Files

• Attached File  CBS.log   2.27MB   381 downloads

Edited by darkmj16, 20 March 2019 - 04:21 PM.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Finally the result that I was hoping for "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Has the problem been resolved now?

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

no. and trouble shooter still sucks

ive done work before we started and got most of the issues fixed, its only the bluetooth thing now. but the system does seem to speed up and slow down on its own. im thinking its something related to auto overclock? idk but playing with settings and programs the changing of speeds has stopped. and did a junk cleanup and that seemed to fix the internet and other issues.

so now its just this god d... bluetooth issues. i wish i had another headset to test with.

Edited by darkmj16, 20 March 2019 - 04:38 PM.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

The trouble shooter in windows 10 is always going to suck to be honest lol.

But for the bluetooth thing (also make sure that you have the updated drivers etc from the manufacture):

https://www.groovypo...ith-windows-10/  and https://www.addictiv...ems-windows-10/  and also maybe this one https://www.addictiv...-on-windows-10/

Let me know how these go for you.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Its a gaming headset with built in mic. Idk the brand but the model is mx666. Its a generic set so theres not really a mfr website. Windows already installed the drivers and updated them.

Ive done all those, and more. The problem is some apps see the mic but the mic will not pick up any sound. Even in the bluetooth settings windows see the mic, but will not use it? Like when adj the sound for the speakers tou have that slide bar right, well under mic the headset is selected but the slider bar is greyed out. Hit properities and try to test it and nothing happens.

Its something in windows bc the mic worked fine on win7 and barious other devices.

And ya win10 toubleshooter sucks, kinda like the rest on win10 lol hope win11 will actually be a computer OS and not some dam hand held bs

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Have you tried going through this way:

WIN+R > type in control > Sound >  recording > Microphone  ????

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

yep. didnt work.

but heres something new, the microsoft sound driver or whatever i dont know, but point is it is showing its picking up sound, no mic connected. and samething when i connect my bluetooth. even if i put my headset as default (which i have been) the microsoft mic shows it picking up sound, but i can here...well i dont know what its called but its like if you have your speakers really redicoulous loud but nothing playing you have that hum, its kinda like that but a little different 

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

What type of a sounds card do you have or what sound hardware does it have on the mother board? (Should be able to see this in control panel or device manager.)

Advertisements

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

are you.... you know what maybe you can help with this one bc its driving me crazy. i have like 15 speaker devices and about 4 mics. from what i can tell the mobo is using realtrek HD, my vid card seems to of installed AMD, and ofcourse microsoft has to put their greedy little paws in.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

If really feels like I am missing something here, so I have PMed someone to see if he can lend a hand here.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

your not the only one. i feel like its gona be something so small and simple itll just be stupid. i wish we could use team viewer bc i guess i have a lot of settings that have ppl scrathing their head. and this is a fresh un modded OS install!!! maybe i should pick a fight with microsoft...

there was a windows update and now the microsoft audio stuff that was listed under the sound devices is gone. but heres some sfreen shots of the devices i see. the mx666 is my gaming headset that the mic wont pick up sound.

and as you can see the mic privacys are turn on to allow use. also in the pic you can see the mic slider bar i mentioned earlier and how its not there and the headset is selected

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg
  • Untitled2.jpg

Edited by darkmj16, 22 March 2019 - 07:54 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
this copy of win10 is technically an upgrade from win7 home... but i dl the win10 copy from MS (put in my win7 key) put it onto a usb on my laptop then did a clean install on this one.

After the clean install of Windows, did you reinstall the drivers for the MB and starting with the chipset drivers first.

Its a gaming headset with built in mic. Idk the brand but the model is mx666. Its a generic set so theres not really a mfr website. Windows already installed the drivers and updated them.

As above but in addition, when possible you should always install drivers provided by the manufacturer of the device that you are trying to install and not let Windows install what it deems best, as your headphones are "plug n play" there are no specific drivers for them but there is for the Bluetooth device on the MB, was the Intel Bluetooth driver installed after you clean installed Windows 10.

All required drivers are on a disk that you may have gotten when you purchased the MB/system but if not you can download them from here and save them to a USB thumbdrive.

Not sure if you have seen it already but there is a helpful "plug n play" guide here

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Yes i did. Both the asrock disc and msi disc i had put onto another usb and installed the drivers before i did any windows updates. Then before windows updates i updated those drivers.

I know the headset brand now, ovleng. And it did not come with a disc or website to get any drivers. Just instructions on how to pair.

I didnt see that guide but it was very informitive... how ever what seems to be the program is all the guides everyone is telling me to look at is for NO SOUND issues. I have sound and it pairs, according to the headset and computer, correctly. The problem i am having is NO MiC. The mic shows up but the computer cant hear it is the error i get when i try to config the mic. No there is no mute button. Ive triple checked the mic and instrustions.

http://www.ovleng.co...band53/445.html

Edited by darkmj16, 23 March 2019 - 10:53 AM.