Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new win10 user needs help, badly. (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer darkmj16 , 06 April 2019 - 06:14 AM

My m.2 sets kinda in the middle of the board. Butni dont think its ever reached 30c. Now my data drive which its a 3.5 sits right in front of my intake lol good case design there. When i was gamin... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Other what we can see in your thread we have no idea what you else you have tried so the quickest way to find out is to ask, have you tried the steps in Fix 2 here

I am not suggesting that you run DriverEasy as I prefer DriverMax if I need to find drivers.

Advertisements

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
I have. Drivereasy did find some drivers that needed updating but none related to audio. I did update those drivers ofc. Is drivermax better at finding drivers? Bc ill try that.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

The two are probably not much different but having used it for years I stick with DM, my canned for DriverMax below;

Run DriverMax to see if any driver updates are suggested.

Please note that you are only allowed to download two drivers a day for free and be sure to uncheck the “install AVG toolbar” option box.

Remember to always create a new restore point before updating any drivers.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

ffs i really am begnning to hate tech and ppl as a whole. driver easy 2 driver updates, dl driver max and it says 6. im about to just quit. all i want to do is just relax, play some games, talk with freinds. but nooooo.... just ugh. i am going to update these 6 drivers. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

darkmj16

We understand that computer problems can be stressful but can I ask that your refrain from cursing, many of our members and visitors are children, thank you for understanding.

If none are for audio or the chipset I would leave well alone, updating drivers does not always make things better.

Have you tried the Microsoft mic test to see if the LEDs go up and down, this to see if input is picked up but audio not going out.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Thank you Phillpower2,

Some of the questions you asked felt like the very things I was missing.  Thank you.  I'll keep watching and learning more too.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

phil: i understand and will do my best. also i have done that test. the bad does NOT go up. and the test will time out and ask to make sure the mic isnt muted (which it is not) and 1 driver was for audio, but didnt do any good still having the same problem.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Suggests that the mic part of the headset is not detected.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

http://speccy.pirifo...8f37UOgbwKmBabx

i noticed the amd sound driver is the one it listed... i have not found anyway to access those settings? also thinking about it there 6 amd speaker playback opitions (seen in a screen shot i posted eariler) and i assume those where there from my video card... but my vid card only has 4 ports...?

also reading throw the report... the RAM is g.skill flare... but 2400 not 1200... problem?

Edited by darkmj16, 28 March 2019 - 06:50 PM.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

hey guys, not sure if this will help or add issues, but when my itunes and icloud tried to update it failed with the error of media feature pack not installed. so went to MS site got the correct download (i know now i have the windows 1809 verison) but when i try ti install it i get the error, this update is not applicable to your system.

i noticed the pack said it has various drivers for audio so i was thinking 1+1= kind of deal

Advertisements

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Hmm maybe its because you use those 2 software that has been causing your problems?  When I had them on my computer I had a lot of problems.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Never had a problem with them before. As a note these are updates not installs. Plus kinda need them to manage my apple devices, such as my iphone and ipad. Not crazy about how you have to use itunes to do it but is what it is. Atleast those programs and devices actually fix themselves and have good support lol. (Im referencing how windows has gotten to be such a big platform that 1 or two ppl doesnt mean anything to them anymore and thus why theres forums like these)

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Just thought to through that out there.  Cause i now never use them any more,  One stage when I removed Itunes off my PC and it took my net out at the same time.  Just lucky I had tools on my PC that would fix that type of thing.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Stopped: Logitech Bluetooth Service

Any idea why you have Logitech Bluetooth software installed on your computer.

The latest drivers for your wireless/Bluetooth card are available from here it is important that before updating any software/drivers that you always first of all create a new system restore point and for best results install drivers in Safe Mode only (no networking) save the new drivers to your desktop, create a new system restore point, uninstall the old drivers, restart in Safe Mode only (no networking) install the new drivers, restart and test.

Audio

Sound Cards
Realtek High Definition Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device
Playback Devices
Headset (MX666 Hands-Free)
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Headphones (MX666 Stereo): (default)
4 - Panasonic-TV (AMD High Definition Audio Device)
Recording Devices
FrontMic (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Headset (MX666 Hands-Free)
Stereo Mix (Realtek High Definition Audio): (default)
Speaker Configuration
Speaker type: Stereo

The MBs onboard mic is the default and not the MX666, the mic of the MX666 is either not recognised/configured or the required/correct drivers are not installed or are corrupt.

Power Profile

Active power scheme: High performance This setting should be changed to Balanced in the Windows Power Plan, High performance is a form of overclocking that can cause various sorts of problems with stability and most notably overheating.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

i would like to thank you both for the help. however the headset is...erm perma not working. (flys well, takes landings a bit hard though)

kiwi: itunes must hate you lol. but i have heard of ppl having trouble with it before.

phill: thanks for the tip on driver install! did not know that, but thinking about it makes perfect sense.

the logitech bluetooth got installed with setpoint, the logitech software/driver (its wraped into one stupid package, cant uninstall one without the other) bc i have a logitech wireless mouse.

i will say it was a driver issue overall as it use to be the default mic. but now and then if i had the listen to mic box checked i would get this booming static. but i could never recreate it. was always random. but the system (and program not related to stealasoft would see it) but wouldnt pick up sound.

thanks for the tip on the power plan! i wouldnt of known that. i dont really do or need to overclock. but quick question what are the general safe temp zones for cpu, gpu, and mobo? i ask bc im deathly afraid of heat killing my computer. happened before when i didnt know the cpu fan stopped. so now i run a hw monitor program during gaming. highest ive seen the temps where 113f (like 43c). ive heard AMD runs hotter but still id like to know, or atlesat where to find out.