Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop keeps restarting

• Please log in to reply

wildchild22

wildchild22

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i have a Medion laptop, however it will not boot, it gets to the xp loading screen, but it then restarts,

i've tried repairing windows... but after restarting to enter setup, it restarts at a similar point
i tried accessing the repair console to check for corrupt files, but the laptop restarts while loading the repair console

In addition to this, sometimes on the blue screens when installing windows, the system will freeze and black rectangles will appear in random places over the screen
any ideas?

thanks in advance

Advertisements

wildchild22

wildchild22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
it seems to be working fine when running Linux Knoppix, so i think i will use a different windows installation CD and see how it goes