Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

1000s of old spam emails in Primary inbox Gmail

Old spam

• Please log in to reply

Marko H

Marko H

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Help please, Ive suddenly got 1000s of old spam emails in my primary inbox in Gmail.
These normally go straight to the spam folder and are deleted after 30 days.
I have been deleting stuff for hours and it still keeps coming.
I am back to 2017 and they keep loading as Im deleting

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Instead of deleting, send each to Gmail's Spam folder. After a while you'll have Gmail trained about what you do not want to see.

Marko H

Marko H

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Instead of deleting, send each to Gmail's Spam folder. After 'll have Gmail trained about what you do not want to see.

This will take hours, as I delete or send each one to spam or trash more just keep loading.
Can you think why this is happening?

Marko H

Marko H

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ok I’ve deleted all spam , hopefully the problem has resolved itself as nothing has reloaded from the last date which was Feb 2017.
Can anyone say why those spam emails would not have been deleted once they had gone into the spam folder ?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

No, I didn't mean to the Trash folder. The whole idea is to train Gmail to automatically send the stuff you do not want to see to the Spam folder. When you send it to Trash, you haven't taught Gmail anything so it will simply keep on doing what it's been doing ... forcing you to keep on sending stuff to Trash. Teach it to do what you want it to do.