Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Generic Keys and Windows 10 License keys.

- - - - -

Best Answer SpywareDr , 01 April 2019 - 08:48 AM

Most games are written by entirely different programming teams, and then tested on different hardware/software platforms. When they think the game is running okay they release it to the general pub... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Question, I have a windows 10 home generic key installed with permanent activation (Was like this when I got it from the company that my sister brought it from) and I am just wondering, would this be the reason why I have been having problems with some games running?

I know its a generic key because I copied the generic key using ProduKey, and then ran a search on the key.  I also checked it with a windows 10 home Key that they gave me as well that is not used on this system, is this the reason why I am having problems with games like just cause 3 etc (crashing with BSOD's) at times (and no problems with games like anthem etc?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

In short, no.

A full version of Windows Home has no restrictions on it as the licence agreement is directly between yourself and Microsoft, users of other versions of Windows such as for Education, Enterprise etc could have restrictions placed on them by System Administrators that could impact software performance and internet connectivity.

As an asides KiwiProbie, can I ask that before starting any new thread/s you first complete any previous threads and not leave them hanging, it is most unfair on the member/s and/or staff that have tried to help you,  Annoying problem that has started over the last 2 weeks.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Yes I forgot to update that also cause I couldn't find the post after 3 weeks, I have replied to that now, but it was due to Just cause 3 that was on my computer at the time.

I noticed games like Anthem, shadow of the tomb raider etc plays really well, but games like the devision 2, and just cause 3 and some other games really cause BSOD's, but yet F.E.A.R 1 and 2 ran perfectly.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
✓  Best Answer

Most games are written by entirely different programming teams, and then tested on different hardware/software platforms. When they think the game is running okay they release it to the general public. If it ends up not running okay on your particular hardware/software setup, you need to contact the game's support team to see if they can help resolve the issue.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Ok awesome thank you.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

You're welcome.