Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can someone help me buy a new computer? RESOLVED.

Best Answer Denisejm , 18 April 2019 - 04:08 PM

I'm writing this post on my new computer!  It's working great.  I'm so used to my old computer crashing, that I'm sitting here still being struck with terror every time something takes mo... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Shows reasons, but nothing specific.

Please permorm the task again and this time

right click on error, > show all instances of this eventPost a shot of the result, I want to se the list that opens.

Advertisements

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Error screenshot attached.  I thought you wanted the Critical screenshot before.

Attached Thumbnails

• error.JPG

Edited by Denisejm, 31 March 2019 - 09:25 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Yes I did want the critical first.

Bring up that same window as in your last shot.

click once on the tird error down "kernal event task" please post a screenshot

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

My computer crashed a few times, the last time I got a WHEA uncorrectable error.  The attached screenshot was taken before that.  I think it's what you want.

Attached Thumbnails

• kernal.JPG

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

My computer is crashing every couple of minutes now, going to shut down for the night.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

These are the screenshots that I tried to post last night but my computer kept freezing/crashing.  I hope these are what you wanted.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.JPG
  • 2.JPG

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

I am going to ask another member with more experince with the event viewer, may take a couple of day.   In the meantime there are tasks to do.

Create a Restore Point.

Open cmd, > copy and paste > sfc /scannow > click Enter. Please run it 3 times..   \If errors were found and could not be fixed.

Open cmd > copy and paste > DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth > click Enter.  May take up to 30 min, depending on what is to be fixed.

Event Viewer does show errors for you GPU .   You are running a very old Driver, so suggest you update from this page, > https://www.geforce.com/drivers

When the installer starts, tick the components you want to instal, select the option to do a clean install. 

Please generate dxdiag report.

From the Windows desktop, type "dxdiag" in the search bar in your tool bar.
-Open the dxdiag application and select "Save All Information..."
- After you've saved the file, please attach it to your reply.    

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

I ran sfc /scannow 3 times and each time it said "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity issues."

I also ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.  At the end, it said "The operation completed successfully."

I also updated the Nvidia driver.

EDIT:  My computer is still losing video (black screen) while my computer is still running and when it crashes, I'm still getting the 1 long beep + 3 short beeps which means either a problem with my monitor, which I ruled out, or the video card.

Attached Thumbnails

• DRIVER PROPERTIES.JPG

Edited by Denisejm, 02 April 2019 - 12:32 PM.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

dxdiag information

Attached Files

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

I think we can rule out a software issue, so time to look at the hardware.

I noticed in the DxDiag.txt, an item not seen elsewhere, Drive: B: Model: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-216D, May be a Ghost drive, but if it is actually attached, maybe by USB, please unplug it for the moment.

Dowload and run GPU-Z > https://www.majorgee...ails/gpu_z.html   When it opens, the Nvidia logo should be displayed, confirming it is a genuine video card.   On the top menu, click the Sensor tab,  please take a screenshot to upload in your next reply.

Download and run HWMONITOR > https://www.cpuid.co...onitor_1.40.exe   When it opens, take one screenshot.   Scroll down until the graphics card is displayed, take a second screenshot. Please upload shots iwht your next reply.

Advertisements

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

The Pioneer DVD-RW drive is my CD drive that I re-connected to do a Repair of Windows.  I didn't have enough ports to have it connected when all my hdds are connected.

I'll try to run the test my computer crashes every 2-3 minutes most times now.

Attached Thumbnails

• cpuz sensors.JPG

Edited by Denisejm, 03 April 2019 - 08:27 AM.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

My computer is having a very hard drive to boot to Windows.  It starts, then immediately crashes 5-10 times, then Windows will start to boot up.  Sometimes, right after my mobo splashscreen, before verifying dmi pool, I get a neon green screen and boot up stops.  Sometimes it crashes right before sign in.  Other times, it'll get all the way to Windows and then crash.  A few times, it'll boot all the way up and I can get on line for a few minutes and then it crashes.

Yesterday, I updated my video card's drivers and the crashing seems worse.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.JPG
  • 2.JPG
  • 3.JPG

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

The GPU-Z is missing one reading 'power consumption W' (with this type of software, some sensors can be missed) but otherwise, everything looks normal.

The Hmonitor shows voltage reading out of spec, again, may not be accurate, but an indication of a problem with the PSU, or a regulator on the MB.

Permitted specs.

12VDC ±5% = 11.4 to 12.6VDC
5VDC ±5% = 4.75 to 5.25VDC

3.3VDC ±5% = 3.14 to 3.47VDC​  

1. Remove any and all devices connected by USB, > use the case button to restart the system.   If now OK, you have a damaged USB port causing the problem.   If still freezing/crashing, go to 2.

2. You edited a post and removed a shot of your installed software, so, if you are using any apps like Gigabyte Easy Tune, please disable or remove it. Restart to test.

3. Start/restart you system, > enter the BIOS, > look for voltage reading, maybe under PC Health, note them down, let us know in your next reply.

4. Still in the BIOS, go to the exit menu, > select the Default settings, > save, > exit.

If your computer still freezes/crashes.

First step would be to swap out your PSU for a known working one.   Any 450w and up will work.   You would need to disconnect all those drives,except OS, to make it easier. Test.

If the system still crashes/freezes, most likely is a fault on the MB.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

After I removed all the USB devices and booted up, mt splash screen appeared, my hard drives were listed, it verified DMI Pool Data and then my screen went neon green and stayed there.  I reconnected my mouse and keyboard, hit reset and went into BIOS:

Vcore: 1.300V

DDR18V:  1.920V

+5V:  4.919V

Current System Temp:25°C

Current CPU Temp: 25°C

Current CPU Fan Speed: 1259 RPM

I chose Load Fail-Safe Defaults and saved to CMOS and exited.

When my pc booted up, a message appeared that says "Configuration system failed to initiate:

I'm on my third battery in 9 years. Why are my batteries failing every few years?

I was thinking that the freezing and crashing has to do with my video card.  Isn't that a possibility?

I don't remember which program I ran that gave you my system information that I later took down.  if you tell me which one it is, I'll run it again and post the results again.

Edited by Denisejm, 04 April 2019 - 09:39 AM.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

I forgot to mention in my last post that the first time I went into BIOS, I had mt HP tablet open to this thread and I was reading what you wanted me to do and after about a minute, my computer crashed and I had to go into BIOS again to get the info you wanted.