Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Turbo Tax on Windows 10

Best Answer CAH , 22 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

Yes - no luck there - BUT!!  I finally figured it out with a little help from internet searching.  Many programs automatically minimize to Taskbar when a sub-window is opened which i... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

CAH

CAH

• Pip
  • 4 posts

For the last 4 years, while trying to run Turbo Tax on Windows 10, the program returns to the windows tile screen when ever you change forms, or do anything with the program, so it is necessary to use the Windows Key, and Tab to get back to the open window. 

It is really difficult to complete your taxes when you are forever using the Windows Key and Tab Key to toggle back to the open screen.  This has happened with Turbo Tax 2015 Premier, 2016 Premier, 2017 Premier, and 2018 Deluxe.  I've looked everywhere for a solution.  There must be a setting somewhere that is incorrect, but I cannot find it.  I've used Turbo Tax for many years, and it worked fine on Windows 7 and before.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Have you tried TurboTax Support?: https://support.turb...it.com/contact/

CAH

CAH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
✓  Best Answer

Yes - no luck there - BUT!!  I finally figured it out with a little help from internet searching.  Many programs automatically minimize to Taskbar when a sub-window is opened which is exactly what Turbo Tax does IF TABLET MODE is on.  Turn it off, and the program works correctly.  I run many programs, and this is the only one that ever acted so strangely.

Problem solved.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

:thumbsup: Love good news!

Edited by SpywareDr, 22 March 2019 - 11:13 AM.