Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer resets during gaming

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

donohue100

donohue100

• Pip
  • 1 posts

This is a very strange problem, at first the computer would only reset playing a particular game, post scriptum, now it resets during sekiro, the build is water cooled and all temps are really low.  I am getting restarts during gaming and no dump to try and solve the problem.  Everything is under 6 months old and I can't recreate the problem with CPU and GPU stress testing.  PSU is 1000w and not a cheap one.  I'm running 4000mhz ram but have dialled that back to stock and have default clocks on CPU.  Is it possible to create a better log to see what fails and causes the restart.  IS it just going to be a case of new power supply?

Thanks,

Paul

Attached Thumbnails

• 54390920_399260610896222_4516922779131445248_n.jpg

Edited by donohue100, 22 March 2019 - 09:57 AM.

Advertisements

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Hey Donohue100,

Just wondering, are you getting BSOD's when this happens?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

That is a very general error code and does not mean that you 100% need a new PSU.

Make sure that crash dmps are enabled on the computer "how to" here select the small memory dump option (minidump).