Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP,....this [bleep] hp is driveing me batty.

• Please log in to reply

angryman

angryman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok! I got this hp computer from a friend.It was so messed up it would take 10 minutes for windows xp to load up.Just to get to the desktop.I formatted the thing.This where the problems began.It wont let me reinstall windows on the harddrive again.Question1,.does hp make into its bio's a set command that you can only use the op that comes with the system?Or is the a jumper config,that will only let you used the op that came with the computer?If so the hp didn't come with a recovery cd,.....I found out later after formatting the thing.You had make one off the op that was on the computer.My problems has been many.To many to try to name.But here goes,fdisk will not start,.get a error message.can't get dos to load so I can install windows.Message error no fixed drive,and on and on.any help with this problem will be greatly welcomed.I have been at this for 3 months now and the computer just sits here on the floor.The computer is a hp pavilion 503n. :tazz: ;) ;) :tazz: ;) :) :ph34r:

Edited by angryman, 19 June 2005 - 07:30 AM.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Clean Install

Set the comp to boot from your valid XP cd. Not sure why you are trying to use DOS to install XP? :tazz:

Johanna