Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Insert a Page Break in OpenOffice

• Please log in to reply

debodun

debodun

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

I have Open Office 4.1.1. and a large document I created indicates it is one page. I tried manually inserting a page break by going to where I wanted to insert one, then selecting INSERT in the menu, then MANAUAL BREAK the selecting PAGE BREAK and OK and then saving the document. However, when I re-open it, the breaks are not saved - it still indicates it is one page. Help!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

See if any help here,

https://wiki.openoff...ing_page_breaks

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

I saw that when I was looking for an answer. It doesn't work for me - what I am trying to edit is a document, not a spreadsheet. This is the box I see when attempting to insert a page break:

Attached Thumbnails

• page break.jpg

Edited by debodun, 06 April 2019 - 03:10 PM.

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

I worked around it by creating a new document page then copying the document in question to that.