Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bootfix access denied- blue screen of death [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

irenus

irenus

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys! So the other day all of a sudden I got the blue screen saying bad system config info. i tried so many solutions, cant run in safe mode either of course, and some of the fixes say that I need to get bootfix work. but it just doesnt. whatever I tried and whichever solution I google amd try the access is denied. any tips? p.s. i am doing the repair without the USB/DVD. is it even possible to do without one?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,746 posts

:welcome:   irenus,

The following in no way intended as any kind of malware removal assistance and from a tech perspective only.

We could do with a bit more info to go on, as a starting point, what version of Windows are you running, 7, 8.1 or 10

irenus

irenus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hey, thanks for the reply! I am using Win 10

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,746 posts

You mention that you have tried things that you found via google but we have no idea what has been tried so the following may already have been tried, if it has, to avoid any further repetition we will need to know what has been tried already, the brand and model name or number of the computer and if the computer is under any warranty.

Windows 10 has a recovery environment (RE) and it is sometimes possible to repair the OS using this, use the computers power on button to start up and shut down the computer a couple of times to see if it comes up, it is important that you give it enough time for Windows to try and load but not so long that it gets to the point that it has been hanging. 

irenus

irenus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yes, it says troubleshoot-advanced options and I can go to command prompt, sys restore etc. None of the options works, I can only open the cmd. I have tried selecting a disk volume and then renamed it into V and then went to boot folder to fix boot (dont know the terminology as you can see); tried sfc scannow- cannot work; tried chkdsk, says: failed to transfer logged messages to the event log (after 5h of processing); tried the thingy with Regback and copying to backup folder but all of the values are 0. If you dont understand what I am saying, I did what these tutorials said:

Sorry for my amateur answers!

Asus 2 in 1 model q304U

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,746 posts
tried the thingy with Regback and copying to backup folder but all of the values are 0.

I`m afraid that with what has been done already we have no way of knowing if Windows has been damaged beyond repair.

Is there data on the hard drive that you need to try and recover.

iMacg3

iMacg3

GeekU PowerPC G3

• GeekU Moderator
  • 1,921 posts
Hi,

phillpower2 - please pardon my intrusion. :)

I'd like to get some more information about the system.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Boot in the Recovery Environment
  • Plug your USB Flash Drive in the infected computer
  • To enter the Recovery Environment with Windows Vista and Windows 7, follow the instructions below:
    • Restart the computer
    • Once you've seen your BIOS splashscreen (the computer manufacturer logo), tap the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears
    • Use the arrow keys to select Repair your computer, and press on Enter
    • Select your keyboard layout (US, French, etc.) and click on Next
    • Click on Command Prompt to open the command prompt
      Note: If you can't access the Recovery Environment using the F8 method above, you'll need to create a Windows installation or repair media. It can be made on the computer itself or another one running the same version of Windows as the one you plan to use it on. For more information, check out this tutorial on SevenForums.
  • To enter the Recovery Environment with Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, follow the instructions in this tutorial on EightForums
    Note: If you can't access the Recovery Environment using the method above, you'll need to create a Windows installation or repair media. It can be made on the computer itself or another one running the same version of Windows as the one you plan to use it on. For more information, check out this tutorial.
  • To enter the Recovery Environment with Windows 10, follow the instructions in this tutorial on TenForums
    Note: If you can't access the Recovery Environment using the method above, you'll need to create a Windows installation or repair media. It can be made on the computer itself or another one running the same version of Windows as the one you plan to use it on. For more information, check out this tutorial on TenForums.
Once in the command prompt
  • In the command prompt, type notepad and press on Enter
  • Notepad will open. Click on the File menu and select Open
  • Click on Computer/This PC, find the letter for your USB Flash Drive, then close the window and Notepad
  • In the command prompt, type e:\frst.exe (for the x64 version, type e:\frst64.exe and press on Enter
  • Note: Replace the letter e with the drive letter of your USB Flash Drive
  • FRST will open
  • Click on Yes to accept the disclaimer
  • Click on the Scan button and wait for it to complete
  • A log called frst.txt will be saved on your USB Flash Drive. Post it in your next reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,746 posts

No problem iMacg3, you have a better tool box for such issues  :thumbsup:

iMacg3

iMacg3

GeekU PowerPC G3

• GeekU Moderator
  • 1,921 posts
Hi irenus,

Do you still need help?

iMacg3

iMacg3

GeekU PowerPC G3

• GeekU Moderator
  • 1,921 posts

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.