Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB ports do not work

• Please log in to reply

minutest

minutest

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I had to uninstall SP2. After the uninstall had trbl booting up and used xp to do a recover. After that mouse worked fine. Then I was reinstalling all updates all ok. I put in sp1 still ok. put in sp2 none of the usb ports work. I tried another working mouse from my other pc. no dice. I put in game ctrls and they are not rec.
Any Ideas it sure is getting hard pressing the tab button to move around.

Advertisements

h1ppy

h1ppy

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Have you checked your hardware device listing to see if USB is functioning correctly, and installed any motherboard drivers that may be required?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
What problem caused you to need to uninstall SP2?

Johanna

minutest

minutest

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
All hardware device are ok. Will have to look up name/model of main board for drivers.

Had to uninstall sp2 to get Adobe Photoshop Elements to install correctly. Sitting on there forum there program can be a real pain to get install but when in correctly many have told me that it is a great program.

Now that I have sp2 in all is looking in Adobe photoshop elements. I was also able to save all pic's from the hd crash :tazz: but now USB ports dont work. no mouse and no new pic's to play with the working photoshop . Can't win for nothing.

gilligan128

gilligan128

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
On my old laptop the USB ports stopped working after they were damaged from it falling from my TV tray. So the problem could be as simple as the USB ports being physically broken. If this is the case, then the device manager will still detect the USB ports as working fine. HAs your computer hit anythign or fallen recently?