Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best Way to Update to the Latest Panda Version?

• Please log in to reply

Chimiti

Chimiti

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

This topic might seem a bit out of place here, but then again, it doesn't really fit in the "Security" sub-categories either as I don't have a malware problem.  I just need some updating guidance.

I have only been using Panda Antivirus Free for probably a little over 2 months.  I like it.  It's been working great.  I love the GUI.  I already asked this question over in the Panda antivirus forum, but I have found out that their tech support / forum help is crap ... nonexistent.  Maybe it's only for paying customers.  Nevertheless, my inquiry has not been answered over there.  I thought MAYBE someone here might be familiar with Panda Antivirus Free and be able to help me out.

You're probably wondering why I am using Panda if their tech support / forum help is nonexistent.  It's that I was really forced to do so.  avast, which had served me well for around 10 years, started giving me issues with my Windows XP.  Someone here on Geeks to Go suggested Panda as an antivirus that still supported Windows XP.  I tried it and it works.  It just has no tech support.

Anyway --- here is what I had written over there at the Panda forum:

"I'm still new-ish with Panda, so bear with me and my not knowing this stuff. This is the first time I'll have encountered this necessary task.

Okay ... right now I have Panda Dome Free 18.07.00. I have already downloaded the setup file for the latest version 18.07.03What is the best / recommended way for updating to the latest version? 

Should I completely uninstall version 18.07.00 first and then perform a clean install of version 18.07.03? If I did that, would EVERYTHING be from scratch as in I'd have to create a new (another different) Panda account? Or do I somehow wind up with my same (current) Panda account?

Where do I find the changelog for the latest Panda version?"

Any insight?  I'm not experiencing any problems with the current Panda version.  I just want to know how to update to newer versions every time they are released.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

https://www.pandasec...t/card?id=82008

?

Chimiti

Chimiti

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

That looks very promising.  Sometime between tomorrow and the rest of the Memorial Day weekend I'll embark on this task.  For a while there, I was thinking, "OMG!  I don't know if I still have the original Panda account activation e-mail."  But, I did find it.  It doesn't have an Activation Code, but it does have an "Activate your account" button.  Hopefully it works when the time comes.

Thanks, SpywareDr.  :spoton: I'll let you know how it goes.

Edited by Chimiti, 23 May 2019 - 08:01 PM.

Chimiti

Chimiti

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Yep, jainvertika ... that's pretty much what I'll do.  The issue, the unknown that was concerning me was whether I was going to have to create a NEW Panda account ... and consequently a NEW Panda account EVERY TIME there after that a new Panda version was released.  But, it appears as per that link that SpywareDr posted that a new Panda account will NOT have to be created every time that a new Panda version is to be installed.

Or at least it APPEARS that way.  It remains to be seen.  I don't know if things will work slightly differently for the FREE version vs. the PAID versions.  I will find out here soon.