Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem installing NIC

Best Answer phillpower2 , 27 May 2019 - 10:20 AM

For luetooth, it keeps telling me there are unauthorized devices on the system.  Sounds like a compatibility issue rather than drivers, the rather poorly worded note at Newegg goes some w... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

tjmcs

tjmcs

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I know just enough on computers to get myself in trouble and I am in over my head. I have an Asus K53E. It came with an AzureWave AW-NE139H card. I updated to a Qualcomm AR8151. The laptop did not come with bluetooth. The AzureWave card did. I installed the card and it will detect bluetooth devices. I can not use them. In Device Manager, I have four "Bluetooth peripheral device"s showing, each with an exclamation point. Right-clicking shows there are no drivers installed. 

I have two questions...

1) Can I use the AzureWave card to give the K53E bluetooth capabilities?

2) How do I find the drivers for the problem devices?

Thanks

tjmcs

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,764 posts

Hello tjmcs,

You cannot use something that is not present, any BT availability was lost when you removed the previous device that had the BT capability.

Not much of an upgrade if you lose features such as BT imho.

NB: If you intend keeping the new card you should uninstall the previous card in Device manager or you will be stuck with the four "Bluetooth peripheral device"s showing, each with an exclamation point.

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I apologize. I have made a total idiot of myself. I have given wrong information.

The K53E came with an Azurewave Aw-NE139H, no bluetooth. Replaced with Azurewave CB-161H, with USB bluetooth. Same problem, it will detect bluetooth devices but I can not use them. And there are the four bluetooth peripherals showing in device manager.

Same two questions, 1) will this card give me bluetooth and 2) how do I fix the peripherals?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,764 posts

I thought something was amiss so checked your notebook specs here and it says BT optional so was a bit confused  :headscratch:

From where was the "Azurewave CB-161H, with USB bluetooth" purchased, do you have a link, reason I ask is because research has shown some compatability issues and the BT not working, for an example see chopchop review on amazon here

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Got mine from Newegg.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,764 posts

Do you have a link for us, a lot of what you see on Newegg is not sold by them but by third parties.

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

https://www.newegg.c.../9SIAFJV7R44340

I went to it because of bad reviews on the 7260.

Edited by tjmcs, 26 May 2019 - 12:58 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,764 posts
Ships from China.

Note: Could not compact with any IBM/Lenovo/ThinkPad or HP version laptop

Two reasons that would put me off purchasing such a device and one other would be the fact that there are no reviews at all for the device.

Real long shot but you could see if it is a driver issue and if there are any compatible drivers available.

Run DriverMax to see if any chi[set or none ASUS BT driver updates are suggested.

Please note that you are only allowed to download two drivers a day for free and be sure to uncheck the “install AVG toolbar” option box.

Remember to always create a new restore point before updating any drivers.

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Have been using Driver Booster. It stated no new drivers available. Removed it, installed Driver Max. It found several new drivers. Installed two for bluetooth. Since it said more were available, I uninstalled it and installed DriverPack 2019. It has frozen on configuring system. States a file is loading. Has been doing so for almost an hour at time of this post. I will let it run and see what happens. Using another computer to post this.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,764 posts
It found several new drivers. Installed two for bluetooth. Since it said more were available, I uninstalled it and installed DriverPack 2019. It has frozen on configuring system.

Sorry but got to ask, why did you uninstall DriverMax after it had found BT drivers and then install DriverPack 2019 which ended up causing you problems.

I wouldn't allow Driver Booster or DriverPack 2019 anywhere near my computer and only suggest DriverMax for hard to find drivers and because it is a Microsoft partner, I also suggest that DriverMax is uninstalled once it is finished with.

Advertisements

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Since DriverMax found more than two to install, I got impatient. Lesson learned. Have reinstalled DriverMax and will let in install what it can..

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,764 posts

You can normally get away with only installing the latest drivers as they will have any previous stable drivers already packaged alongside them.

Fingers crossed for you but based on from where the card has come from and the online reports that the BT on the card does not work you could be fighting a losing battle with this I`m afraid  :(

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I agree but not ready to give up yet. Live and learn. The K53E came with an AzureWave card with a Realtek chipset so I decides to upgrade to an AzureWave card with a Realtek chipset. Just did not know it would be such a hassle to get it to work. WIFI works great. For luetooth, it keeps telling me there are unauthorized devices on the system. Getting hard to find a mini pci-e card, too. Thanks for help. DriverMax did not let me install anything today so I will try again tomorrow.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,764 posts
✓  Best Answer
For luetooth, it keeps telling me there are unauthorized devices on the system.

Sounds like a compatibility issue rather than drivers, the rather poorly worded note at Newegg goes some way to supporting the possibility "Note: Could not compact with any IBM/Lenovo/ThinkPad or HP version laptop" as you know China mass produces things and the card could actually be specific for a particular brand of computer.

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I agree with compatibility issue, now. Kinda skittish on going back to Newegg to find an adapter that will work. Was thinking of this one...http://ttps://www.ne...82E16833106240.