Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer will not boot up

• Please log in to reply

Jenna91

Jenna91

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Hi again.

- Fixed the hinges on this laptop last night and put it back together ( very carefully ).

- Power it on

- Works great for 5 minutes. Temperatures were good, programs were opening.

- Then it freezes. I wait. I try task manager. Unresponsive to anything. I hold power button to turn it off.

- I press the power button then have this situation:

- There is no fan noise. Usually the fan kicks on for a second on boot like most laptops.

- I tried 2 power cycles. This is where you take out the battery and unplug it then hold power button to drain electricity from it. Sometimes this resets things.

- Tried external monitor ( external monitor never responded with any type of image ).

- I took it back apart to make sure all of my ribbons and connections were good before posting.

My last guess is that the laptop probably got a component that has failed since I have never seen it act like this before. :( Which component that would be I am not sure.

If you have any idea on something I could try let me know. Thank you for reading.  

Edited by Jenna91, Today, 11:37 AM.

Advertisements