- Fixed the hinges on this laptop last night and put it back together ( very carefully ).
- Power it on
- Works great for 5 minutes. Temperatures were good, programs were opening.
- Then it freezes. I wait. I try task manager. Unresponsive to anything. I hold power button to turn it off.
- I press the power button then have this situation:
- There is no fan noise. Usually the fan kicks on for a second on boot like most laptops.
- I tried 2 power cycles. This is where you take out the battery and unplug it then hold power button to drain electricity from it. Sometimes this resets things.
- Tried external monitor ( external monitor never responded with any type of image ).
- I took it back apart to make sure all of my ribbons and connections were good before posting.
My last guess is that the laptop probably got a component that has failed since I have never seen it act like this before. Which component that would be I am not sure.
If you have any idea on something I could try let me know. Thank you for reading.
Edited by Jenna91, 26 May 2019 - 11:37 AM.