Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Creating and saving files to Folders

folders flash drive

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Encountering problems saving and viewing files in self-created folders on Windows 7.  When I try to view the files all I can see is file name and computer language.  I have been saving them on a flash drive. Wondering if the flash drive is the problem.  I have previously been able to view the files.  The files or folder cannot be moved, deleted or cut and pasted somewhere else.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

See if the permissions have gotten messed up:

In Explorer, right click on a file that you are having problems with.  Select Properties then Security.  Typically you will see System, Administrator and your User Name.  Click on each and verify that Full Control is checked.

You can also run a disk check on the Flash drive:

Open Computer, find your Flash Drive's letter and right click and select Properties then Tools,   Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,
Check both boxes and then click Start.