Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Software that completely cleans up.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Hey guys,

Is there any software out there that actually clean up the PC nicely, like finds every uninstalled software and makes sure there is no traces of it?

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

Off hand I don't know any software that specifically does that. Please be careful searching for that type of software as it will usually involve a registry cleaner an can cause more problems then it resolves.

Thanks

Joe :)

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

I know there used to be one back when i was using windows ME or XP or 2000, was a good app too.  Can't even remember what is was called.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

I can't think of it either. At first I thought you meant  ccleaner. By the way that's a nice set up you have. :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

I know there used to be one back when i was using windows ME or XP or 2000, was a good app too.  Can't even remember what is was called.

I can't think of it either. At first I thought you meant  ccleaner. By the way that's a nice set up you have. :)

Was it Window Washer by any chance  :unsure:

Almighty_Denny

Almighty_Denny

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

I've used Revo Uninstaller some years ago, it did a good job as far as I could tell when uninstalling programs deeply (including registry keys and left-overs).
I don't know if that would the the kind of program you're looking for?
Also CCleaner is the one I use to clean temp and cache files.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Yeah I have crap cleaner, buying pro this week.  Thank you , my sister brought me this computer from chrisco's.  I have made my little additions in this, but i really like it.  Served me well for the last 7 months that I have had it, apart from windows problems with 1809.  I don't let people use it either except for my sister at the moment.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Was it Window Washer by any chance  :unsure:

Yes, yes it was indeed, sucks that its only for xp and vista though lol, was a might fine app for cleaning up everything and old app records and things that you dont have on the PC any more.  Is there anything like this for 10? (except for crap cleaner)

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

I've used Revo Uninstaller some years ago, it did a good job as far as I could tell when uninstalling programs deeply (including registry keys and left-overs).
I don't know if that would the the kind of program you're looking for?
Also CCleaner is the one I use to clean temp and cache files.

I have recently changed to this software again aswell, used to use iobit uninstaller, but found that its full of crap and still leaves traces.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Revo uninstaller is the best one I found for uninstalling programs and general cleanup.