Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLS HELP

Best Answer phillpower2 , 13 June 2019 - 02:01 PM

If the hotel owner is not able to give you access to change the password why can`t they put you in touch with their service provider who should be able to, offering free wifi to guests does come wi... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Proudarcher

Proudarcher

• Pip
  • 7 posts
A firm have an AP around their building . The AP is connected to a switch.. And the switch is connected to a wifi.. Its reported the connection has been compromised.what do I do? Which password device do I need to change?

Advertisements

Nemesis-Dinu

Nemesis-Dinu

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
You will need to change the password on WiFI and if the AP is controlled by you or dedicated to you then you can change the password on that too. You may also need to review the devices connected to Switch as those could also lead to this issue

Proudarcher

Proudarcher

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the reply. However the AP are all wired to the switch. How do I go about accessing it to be able to change the passwords. They are 4 AP and all mounted in high corner of the building. I successfully changed the Wi-Fi password but the AP still connect using the password given to it which has now been comprised by neighbors.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
A firm have an AP around their building . 

Only the company that own/are responsible for providing the service should be making such changes and anyone that has permission to be using the network would be issued any new password/s as and when required, are you such a person, if yes, you should be dealing with them directly and not asking for help with what amounts to hacking into their system and potentially getting yourself into a lot of trouble with the law.

Proudarcher

Proudarcher

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Actually its an hotel and the owner requested my service to get that done if possible when they discovered the password has been compromised and neighbors now getting into it to surf..

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
✓  Best Answer

If the hotel owner is not able to give you access to change the password why can`t they put you in touch with their service provider who should be able to, offering free wifi to guests does come with this risk and adjusting the Wi-Fi signal strength so it only covers the business area concerned is a common way of limiting its abuse by freeloaders.

Proudarcher

Proudarcher

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Exactly my advised.. Thanks @phillpower2

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

You are welcome Proudarcher.

Proudarcher

Proudarcher

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
One more thing.. Which brand of router could handle 20000 sq ft.. Long range type that could provide an estate reliable internet coverage

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

That is unknown territory for me I`m afraid but 20000 sq ft seems like a big ask and especially when you factor in that any router would need to be capable of running multiple devices, notebooks, smart phones, tablets etc, best reviews I could find here see NAVIGATE OUR TOP 10 WIFI ROUTERS info to the right of the page.

Proudarcher

Proudarcher

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
OK! Thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:thumbsup: