Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Run-time error '509': The FileOpen command is not available be

• Please log in to reply

highland403

highland403

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

When I try to open Word documents on WisDOT's web site https://wisconsindot.../lpa-forms.aspx I get run-time error '509' that essentially locks up Word.  No one else in my office has this issue.

I would REALLY appreciate any help on how to fix this.

Thanks

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

Not my favorite error to try an track down, anyway have you tried another browser in some instances a browser can cause an issue.

Thanks

Joe :)

highland403

highland403

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Thanks a million Joe!  It works fine using Chrome.

Wow!  After all this time of trying to figure this out all I had to do was use a different browser!?!  The only reason I didn't try before now was because they told me we had to use IE!

Thanks!

Steve

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

Most likely IE is "unable to render the HTML Code" that particular website is using for whatever reason. 

Glad it's working and you're productive now.

Joe

If you must use IE. You could try running IE in no add ons mode. You could try Re- setting IE

You can Google "Run IE 11 in no add ons mode

Re- setting IE 11.