Hi, i have run a FRST scan as my Pc is running slow and takes time before, i do need your assistance. Thanks!
Malware removal [Closed]
Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:08 PM
Hi Femi01, welcome to the Geeks to Go malware removal forum.
I am iMacg3 and will be helping you with your computer problems.
Please keep the following information in mind before we begin:
- Back up any important data before we continue.
- Back up any important data on your computer to external media. I will not knowingly suggest any steps that will damage your computer; however, malware infections are often unpredictable and it may be necessary to reformat and reinstall your operating system depending on the infection.
- Do not run any fixes or tools on your system unless I request that you do so.
- Running additional tools on your system can interfere with the clean-up process, or cause issues such as false positives.
- Please read all instructions carefully, and complete them in the order listed.
- Items that are especially important will be highlighted in bold or red.
- If your computer seems to start working normally, please don't abandon the topic.
- Even if your system is behaving normally, there may still be some malware remnants left over. Additionally, malware can re-infect the computer if some remnants are left. Therefore, please complete all requested steps to make sure any malware is successfully eradicated from your PC.
- If you have pirated or illegal software on your computer, uninstall it now before proceeding.
- Using pirated/cracked software is an easy way to infect your computer - almost as easy as intentionally downloading malware. Therefore, please remove any, if present, before we begin the clean-up.
- If you don't respond to your topic in 4 days, it will be closed.
- If your topic is closed and you still need assistance, send me or any Moderator a Private Message with a link to your topic.
- If you have questions at any time during the cleanup, feel free to ask.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, and that will be the right version.
- Double-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
- Make sure that under Optional Scans, the Addition.txt box is checked.
- Press the Scan button.
- It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
- The tool will also produce another log (Addition.txt). Please attach this to your reply.
Posted Today, 08:42 AM
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users