Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ASUS ROG GL753VE Random complete freeze (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer timajus , 14 July 2019 - 01:34 AM

Hello phillpower2not get more freezes since last time but as i've said freezes are random ... anyway we can close the thread for now. If i'll get new freeze i'll edit this or will open a new thread... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

timajus

timajus

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Evening all and thanks for the help service you provide,

hope i'm not in the wrong section for such a help request but i did not find a laptop or freeze section...

i would like to get help about an issue on my asus rog GL753VE.

I've posted a similar post to the asus site too but did not receive any answer so here i am :)

Suddenly and randomly while i'm using it, the pc freeze completely: keyboard, mouse and everything stop working, power is  still on, the screen does not turn black, just frozen; the only thing i can do in those cases is just shutting down keeping press the power-off button for some seconds.

Just to add that when the pc freeze, just before i hear a noise sound...and then all is frozen.

When i restart the notebook, i did not receive any errors or messages; even in event viewer i receive only the kernel power down error (due to the forced shutdown i think), not some previous errors that could explain the freeze.

I've made all checks that i  could think of: checkdisks  of both disks, memtest86+ (2 passes), cpu checks etc, updating every drivers  from windows and from asus site.
I cannot say much more cause the problem does not occur with specific program or load of the cpu and/or memory: sometimes it happens when i've just started the pc, sometimes it happens when i'm surfing the web, or when i open a Virtual Machine (VirtualBox or VMWare player); so i don't know what to do; that is why i've decided to ask for help (after a lot of threads read and a lot of   configuration changes made to my system on power options).

I've installed also 3rd party tool like WhySoSlow and LatencyMon but i did not manage to get some useful info out of them. Hope you can!

I've also re-install windows 10: upgrading and keeping files and also using asus recovery with hidden partition.

That is the link to asus site of my Laptop.

https://www.asus.com...ps/ROG-GL753VE/

Just to let you know i've also upgraded the bios to the 307 version (now there's 308 version and i was about to upgrade again to try resolving issues but a friend told me about your forum and i've decided to ask for help)

Hope you can help me finding the cause of the freeze.

Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards

Edited by timajus, 26 June 2019 - 12:09 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:   timajus,

What you describe is typical behaviour of an overheating notebook, have you have tried using the notebook in Safe Mode only (no networking) and likewise Safe Mode with Networking, if not, give both a try and post back with an update, when you post back can you let us know if you can hear the internal cooling fan/s working ok and how hot any air is that is being expelled from the exhaust vents.

timajus

timajus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

First of all thanks phillpower2 for the answer.

The internal cooling fan is working when the freeze occurs and as i've written sometimes the laptop freeze after a few minutes when it is still cool.

When i do a hard reset i can switch on immediately the laptop and often, after the "manual restart" works perfetcly and no more freeze.

Lately after a reinstall and a Ccleaner run the freeze occurs less frequently.

Anyway i'll give a try with safe mode with and without networking as soon as possibile. How much time should i leave the pc in safe mode at least without networking cause i need net to work and simulate a real load :P ?

And yes next time the laptop will freeze i'll take note of the temperature that is being expelled from the exhaust vents.

Thanks again for the reply

Have a nice time

Edited by timajus, 27 June 2019 - 11:18 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

You only need to use the notebook in Safe Mode (without then with networking) for around 30 minutes each time, if the notebook still freezes overheating or a flaky item of hardware are more likely to be the cause of the issue, we will wait on your next update for now.

You are welcome btw  :)

timajus

timajus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Good Evening,

been from 19:36 to 20:22 (Europe/Rome time) into safe mode with networking but not connected to the internet. I've also enabled audio and watched a tv series, no problem at all...now i've restarted into normal mode to write this post.

I forgot to say that usually i use wifi to connect to the internet.

Will try again into safe mode in next days if you think it worths and i'll let you know

The question is just because the problem is (or it seems) a random issue..

Thank you very much

Edited by timajus, 28 June 2019 - 12:29 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Will try again into safe mode in next days if you think it worths and i'll let you know

:thumbsup:

timajus

timajus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Hello,

yesterday safe mode without networking over than 1 hour and half and no problem. CPU temp around 52°C.

Anyway last time my pc freeze was on June 23th while i was installing a new software for pc diagnosis.

Will update next test.

Thanks

Edited by timajus, 29 June 2019 - 11:06 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:thumbsup:

timajus

timajus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Evening phillpower2,

i've tried again with safe mode with LAN networking, no problem.

Not freezing for some days ... i can't say what i've not done :P

I'll keep you updated

Thanks again

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello timajus,

Been a couple of days now so if still no problems can I ask that you boot the notebook into Windows 10 as you normally would and see how that goes, if still no problems, create a new system restore point then post back with an update for us, any problems under normal boot conditions please post back without having created a new system restore point.

Advertisements

timajus

timajus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Thanks phillpower2

i've made the restore point. now i'll start using the laptop in normal mode. I'll keep u updated if any errors or so without making a new restore point to give you the chance (i think) to make comparisons between before and after.

All the best

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Thanks for the update timajus  :thumbsup:

i've made the restore point. now i'll start using the laptop in normal mode.

Too late now but it was suggested that before creating a new system restore point that you first of all boot the notebook into Windows 10 as you normally would and see how things went, if still no problems then create a new system restore point and post back with an update for us, it was suggested that it be done this way to try and confirm system stability before creating a system restore point that will contain those stable system settings, if the computer still has problems under normal boot conditions the new system restore point that has been created will unfortunately have also saved any unstable settings.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Not heard back from you timajus, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

timajus

timajus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello phillpower2

not get more freezes since last time but as i've said freezes are random ... anyway we can close the thread for now. If i'll get new freeze i'll edit this or will open a new thread.

Thanks a lot for help.

Edited by timajus, 14 July 2019 - 01:34 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Thanks for the update timajus  :thumbsup:

Tech topics are not normally closed and you are welcome to come back here should the same issue happen again.

You are welcome btw  :)