Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Damaged MP4, 60 MB but 0 secs long and won't play

mobile android MP4 corrupt video

• Please log in to reply

03hdaviesbell

03hdaviesbell

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a 'severely' damaged MP4 file - it was a approx 3 hour timelapse vid on my phone but it stopped recording and then disappeared. I have managed to recover the file using some software on my laptop but it is 0 secs long and won't play even though it is around 60 MB

What does anyone think is wrong with it?

My first post here so any and all help/advice would be massively appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by 03hdaviesbell, 27 June 2019 - 11:34 PM.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,085 posts
Hello 03hdaviesbell,

What does anyone think is wrong with it?

Just like you said its severely corrupted for whatever reason, lost connection, power fail or a host of other problems that could have occurred during the recording process . More corruption may have occurred during the recovery process as well thus rendering the file useless.

vlc player has a built in repair option for mp4's I doubt you will be successful though. I also would not download anything else that claims to fix damaged mp4 files most will want money.

Here's a link for VLC Player download

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Thanks
Joe :)