Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After BSOD can’t no longer enter Windows 10

- - - - -

Best Answer Penelope79 , 03 July 2019 - 12:59 PM

I was about to try another power drain when I thought to try to unplug all USB devices and turn on my PC: I manage to boot Windows. Apparently, an external HDD I bought a couple of days ago was the... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Penelope79

Penelope79

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello,
I just experienced a BSOD related to KERNEL SECURITY CHECK and now I cant no longer enter Windows 10. Im panicking because it seems like theres no way to solve it: when I turn my PC on it is stuck on the AsRock initial screenshot and F11 doesnt even work...
Is there anything I can do?
It is the very first time something like this happens to me. 🥺🥺

Advertisements

Nemesis-Dinu

Nemesis-Dinu

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Try to do a power drain on the system and then try to boot into the bios and see if your HDD is visible in the pheripheral section. Load the defaults and try to boot into safe mode of the system.

Penelope79

Penelope79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Thank you Nemesis-Dinu.
Yesterday, after a couple of hours, everything came back to normal automatically. I turned on the PC and run WhoCrashed to find out that BSOD was due to ntoskrnl.exe.
Today, however, my PC suddenly "freezed" to the point I had to manually turn it off. And since then, again, I can no longer enter Windows 10 and my PC is stuck on the AsRock opening screenshot. I tried a power drain, but it didn't work, unfortunately. :(
I am worried: I installed Windows 10 months ago but with Windows 7 (my previous Os) something like this never occurred.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Is the HDD identified in the BIOS, a Seagate HDD for example will be listed something like ST1000DM004 and a Western Digital along the lines of WD10JPLX other brands will have similar identification codes, only when such an ID code is present is a HDD actually detected and an entry simply listed as SATA HDD means that the BIOS will and has looked for a HDD in that particular boot sequence but no HDD was detected. 

Penelope79

Penelope79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
✓  Best Answer

I was about to try another power drain when I thought to try to unplug all USB devices and turn on my PC: I manage to boot Windows. Apparently, an external HDD I bought a couple of days ago was the culprit. 

Thank you all for your help!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know that you no longer require assistance  :thumbsup:

Any further problems with the same issue let us know in this thread and as ever you are welcome  :)

Penelope79

Penelope79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Thank you so much Phillip!! :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

You are welcome Penelope  :)