Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Build for Cyberpunk

• Please log in to reply

hoopsman

hoopsman

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4cnG7W

So this is a build I am considering for using to play Cyberpunk 2077, Do hyper-V virtualization with Ubuntu as well as stream and view 4K video. It's hard to build for that game as the official system requirements aren't out yet, but my existing PC is super old and Newegg has a great sale coming up on 7/15. I'm pretty locked in on a few items here, but i'm a bit unsure about a few others.

Is the RTX 2070 Super just right or overkill for a GPU heavy game like CB? If so could I go with the 2060 super and save some money there maybe? The one area where I am super confused is the PSU. On PcPartPicker, it said estimated wattage is 409w, but on the Newegg page for the 2070 super it says make sure to have a 650w PSU. Now, I have an existing Corsair TX 650w unit that still works great that I may be able to use in this build, but i'm not sure if that is A. safe or B. too little wattage. This is why I chose the 750w. Some clarity here would be much appreciated.

So what do you guys think? Any adjustments you'd make here? I want to future proof myself as much as possible but don't want to go past a $2000 budget and if I can even get under that it would be great.

Edited by hoopsman, 11 July 2019 - 04:49 PM.

Advertisements

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

This can be closed, I figured out what would work for me.