Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Monitor, Mouse, & Keyboard

Best Answer Quartz , 04 August 2019 - 11:28 AM

Thank you very much for your time, effort, & information.  My opinion at this point is that it is the MB, especially considering that neither the video card and the onboard graphics work.... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Quartz

Quartz

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

My PC has MSI A75MA-G55 Motherboard.  When it boots, there is no display & the keyboard & mouse do not work.  I disconnected the RAM & ASUS Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card, cleared CMOS Jumper, removed CMOS battery & reinstalled.  Nothing has worked so far.  Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hello,

I'd try a new CMOS battery.

Thanks
Joe :)

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Hello,

I'd try a new CMOS battery.

Thanks

Thanks Joe.  Sorry, I forgot to add that I installed a new CMOS battery.  I have found that others who had the same issues found different fixes that worked for each.

The only thing I haven't checked at this point is the CPU.  The fan is working.  I don't know if it could cause all 3 of my issues.  I do get 2 beeps when I boot.  I have removed the Ram & tried one at a time, unhooked CPU from MOBO & reconnected, removed Asus video card, cleared CMOS, & disconnected SSD & Harddrive.

Edited by Quartz, 12 July 2019 - 03:19 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
I'd be more inclined to think it's a possible power supply problem before a cpu, because it appears nothing is working, although a cpu failure could also cause just about any issue

What operating system is installed ?
What is the make an model of the computer ?

I have seen the monitor, keyboard, mouse issue resolved by replacing the CMOS Battery. Darn I was hoping that would work,

Thanks

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
On further research,

Don't rule out the ram just yet..

According to your motherboard it has an AMI Bios.

2 beeps at boot time - Parity error - bad memory

See link below for various Bios and what the beep code can mean for each. I'm pretty sure yours is AMI Bios...

https://forum-en.msi...bios-beep-codes

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

I'd be more inclined to think it's a possible power supply problem before a cpu, because it appears nothing is working, although a cpu failure could also cause just about any issue

I called the power supply unit a CPU - sorry for the error.  This is the only thing I haven't checked yet.

What operating system is installed ?   I have a SSD that has Windows 7 & 10 on it for dual booting.  Also, have a 1TB hard drive for all other files. 

What is the make an model of the computer ?  The computer was custom built in a Cooler Master case.  It has everything in this link:  https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/A75MAG55

In the past, I have always been able to figure out the solution to whatever was wrong with it.  Not so fortunate this time around.

I have seen the monitor, keyboard, mouse issue resolved by replacing the CMOS Battery. Darn I was hoping that would work,  

Thanks

Edited by Quartz, 12 July 2019 - 07:15 PM.

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

On further research,

Don't rule out the ram just yet..

According to your motherboard it has an AMI Bios.

2 beeps at boot time - Parity error - bad memory

See link below for various Bios and what the beep code can mean for each. I'm pretty sure yours is AMI Bios...

https://forum-en.msi...bios-beep-codes

From what I understand, parity error indicates either memory problems or data corruption.  Is this correct?  I haven't tried to boot the computer from a flash drive that has Windows 10 on it.  I assumed the errors have nothing to do with Windows.

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Since my last post, I changed the CMOS battery again, booted with no Ram, booted with different compatible Ram, & booted with the SSD & hard drive disconnected.  I keep thinking it's likely the MOBO, but I have read more than one online people with same issues figured out a fix & it wasn't their MOBO.  Is there a way I can check the MOBO to see if it's ok?

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hello,

When you changed the Ram to a compatible set did you still get 2 Beeps at boot ?

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Hello,

When you changed the Ram to a compatible set did you still get 2 Beeps at boot ?  Yes.

Update on latest:  I removed the original Ram (SG.SKILL Ripjaws) & cleaned both with an eraser.  I installed only one & left the drives connected.  When it booted there were no beeps.  I the conected the keyboard in a USB connected to MOBO.  Still didn't work.  I connected the monitor via HDMI on MOBO. Still nothing, so I powered off & restarted.  It ran for 3-4 minutes before the 2 beeps.     

Powered off again, inserted the other Ram it took 3-4 minutes again for the 2 beeps.  Originally, the 2 beeps were right away.                                                                 

Advertisements

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

I also went over every connection, comparing them with the diagram in the manual.  They were all secure & I didn't anything that looked unusual. 

The PSU is:  Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D Green 430W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hello,

Suspecting a possible motherboard issue I would power up the computer then get a pencil with an eraser or any non conductive instrument and press the area around the ram with a bit of pressure so as to flex the board and see if anything happens.

I'm not sure how to trouble shoot a motherboard... But the above exercise might show a broken or loose connection on the board in an around the ram modules.

Thanks

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Okay.  i will try that.  I can't understand how there no power to the Monitor, keyboard, & mouse, if that's the correct term.  I've never had any of these fail to come on until now.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
What kind of computer is this make an model ?

Never mind.....

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
oops

You already answered that. My bad..