Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting up and using TFTPD32

TFTPD32 PXE

Best Answer SleepyDude , 15 July 2019 - 02:15 AM

You mean I must set a password for my user?Yes or create another user with pass with access to the Share. Will there be any problems if there is a space in the user? (My user is Dr. Schnellinger)... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Dr. Schnellinger (Again)

Dr. Schnellinger (Again)

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Hello. I'll be direct:

How do I set up TFTPD32 to install Windows over LAN?

I want to use a mini-laptop with Windows XP as a server to install Windows XP/7 to any PC via LAN.

My tftpd32 version is v3.23 Build Jun 2 2007 21:20:58, it should have a .hlp file but it's not there.

Sometimes I have problems with laptops refusing to boot from these USB sources:

• Pendrive
  • Hard drive with a SATA/IDE to USB adapter
  • CD/DVD drives with SATA/IDE to USB adapter

So I need an alternative for these cases.

I tried browsing the tftpd forum but there is no tutorial. I registered but the confirmation e-mail is taking loooong to arrive.

I followed this guide:

https://www.cyberstr...e-booting-tftp/

and managed to get to the step 10, and couldn't advance any further from there. It required a password that I didn't set.

I see some people suggest other software like Serva but I'm not paying any $ for installing Windows.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

I followed this guide:
https://www.cyberstr...e-booting-tftp/
and managed to get to the step 10, and couldn't advance any further from there. It required a password that I didn't set.

The user and password is from a user that exist on the machine that is sharing the Windows 7 files you copy on step 1.

Dr. Schnellinger (Again)

Dr. Schnellinger (Again)

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

You mean I must set a password for my user?

Will there be any problems if there is a space in the user? (My user is Dr. Schnellinger)

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts
✓  Best Answer

You mean I must set a password for my user?

Yes or create another user with pass with access to the Share.

Will there be any problems if there is a space in the user? (My user is Dr. Schnellinger)

That could be sometimes problematic... I always avoid spaces or special characters on usernames.