Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to change password

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Once again I have to ask how to change my GtG password.

I need to do this so rarely that I forget. Why doesn't GtG have a link displayed on the opening page?

Thank you for your help. .... batpark

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi,

Try the following link: http://www.geekstogo...core&area=email

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

SleepyDude: Thanks but ......

If I could avoid showing how dumb I must be, believe me, I would do so. But the link you suggested seems to be for a "forgotten PW", not the site for changing from the complex new temporary pw sent to me to a different, easily remembered pw.

More help, please. 

How do I get to the "Control Panel" on GtG?

... batpark

britechguy

britechguy

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

You should be forced to change your temporary password when you log in using it.

If not, after you've used it to log in, click on the link previously provided, which takes you directly to your personal user control panel (AKA "My Settings" - which you can also reach by clicking on your user name near the upper right corner of the GtG screen and picking, "My Settings") to the Email & Password section.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Again I need to ask for help on this same subject; sorry.

I am now  signed in to GtG but with site-generated tempo password. How can I get to the Control Panel so I can change that password? I do not see any link to "settings"in the upper right corner. .... batpark

HenryButtler1

HenryButtler1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

This link will help you- http://www.geekstogo...core&area=email

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

SleepyDude: I am afraid I am here again. Stlll having trouble changing my password! Is that link you suggested a long time ago still good. I seem to be having trouble with it.  ..... Batpark

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi,

SleepyDude: I am afraid I am here again. Stlll having trouble changing my password! Is that link you suggested a long time ago still good. I seem to be having trouble with it.  ..... Batpark

It works fine for me!