Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot load Office 2013

Office 2013 previous trial version

• Please log in to reply

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Well, i have also same problem, I also want to up grade from Office 2007 to Office 2013,But I get an error message saying that the upgrade failed due to a previous trial version having been installed.

Can any one suggest me any process, How to Solve?

Have you read through the previous posts and looked at all the links that may have a solution or solutions for you to try? It wouldn't hurt to look in places these links suggest to look for folders/files that should be removed. What error message are you receiving? Could it be that you have an Office 2007 upgrade version and not a full retail version, hence an error msg re missing office qualifying version?

What operating system are you using? Make/model of computer 2013 is being installed on. Many times an Office link is installed on a computer which is similar to bloatware or it is there for you to click and leads you to what is needed to completely install Office.

Even if your Control Panel does not show a trial version of Office 2007 installed, there are still remnants of files that are put in folders that do not get uninstalled. These are still "looked" at during a new upgrade install. Also, it depends on how you are installing Office 2013. From an install disk, using a Windows Installer (MSI)-based install file or some other file type? Might try running Belarc Advisor (Free version). Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, network inventory, any missing Microsoft hotfixes, anti-virus status, security benchmarks, and displays the results in your Web browser.

Edited by AstraNut, 21 February 2021 - 11:52 AM.

Advertisements