Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CAN CROOKED NEIGHBOR BLUTOOTH /TETHER ONTO MY PHONE?

• Please log in to reply

Waynerdude

Waynerdude

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently left my phone on front step and neighbor had possession for several hours. Since then my signal strength way down, Bluetooth tethering says off but barley glows orangein the on side of switch BUT EVERY TIME I TRY TO HIT BUTTON MY ANDROID RESTARTS- IT WILL NOT LET ME HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH BLUTOOTH BUTTON: IT RESTARTS PHONE ...THATS IT! MY DATA USAGE IS THROUGH THE ROOF. AND WHEN I BRING UP 'NETWORK TYPE AND STRENGTH THERE IS TWO LISTED WITH DIFFERENT NAMES BARS AND BW'S...THERE ARE ALSO TWO A.P.N'S. Q: CAN THEY BE JACKING MY PHONE FOR FREE SERVICE? IF SO HOW DO I DISCONECT OR JAM THEM..

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,092 posts
Hello Waynerdude,

It would depend on the technical capabilities of the neighbor who knows what some people are able to do. Should you reset the phone to factory I don't know possibly.

Thanks
zep :)

Waynerdude

Waynerdude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank You Mr.zep...so we share a common wall between us- that's how close we are and if they did have knowledge I could be jacked? Am I supposed to have 2 network signals and access point NAMES for my Samsung 8? Thank You for any intellectual time you can possibly toss my way..

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,092 posts
This maybe worth a look, but I have never used it

https://www.ricksdai...-network-tools/