Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Card Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Dan_Dan

Dan_Dan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently formatted PC and it wiped my sound driver. I do not have the original disc to install it again so I bought a new NISIS-4 sound card. I inserted and installed it, but it says there may still be an onboard sound card enabled. I disabled my onboard sound card but it still didn't work. I think it was because I put it in and installed new sound card BEFORE I uninstalled my original one. So I took new sound card out and the "PCI Audio Driver" is on the add/remove programs list. I try to uninstall it but it says it cant do nothing because it isn't connected or something like that. I don't know what to do.

Also: I installed windows xp pro OEM and it is asking for a product key - I Have 24 days until 'activation' The product key doesnt work when I try to use it cos the disc I have is illegal (It has all systems on it). I may format PC to windows XP Pro Corp which doesn't ask for product key. But I am scared incase it doesn't work and I lose my comp. (Can you format PC as much times as you want? I think i've did it about 10 times!)

Please help!

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Sorry we are not able to assist you as our site policy is to only assist people with genuine products.