Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox 69.0 won't play Flash Games anymore

Best Answer debodun , 08 September 2019 - 09:17 AM

Seems like everything's changing. You'd think being an MSN game site, Microsoft would be on top of this. Thanks for the reply. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

debodun

debodun

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

It indicated in the update info that the "Always Activate" function is been eliminated and that sites using Flash will ask to activate, but I've found that in MSN games, this doesn't happen and the games won't open.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hello debodun,

I'm trying to find out some information on this through Firefox help but not having a good deal of luck thus far. We may have to consider another browser for now. I'll let you know if I come across any information on this particular issue with msn games and Firefox.

Thanks
zep:)

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Thanks for trying to find an answer.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

with firefox 69, flash is now disabled by default. 

https://threatpost.c...support/147931/

By December 2020 flash will be end of life.

With Microsoft's new Edge browser being based on Chromium, flash will not be supported.  Chrome either has or will shortly also disable flash. 

There is an alternative here,but I can't speak to its safety or quality:  https://helpdeskgeek...o-play-forever/

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
✓  Best Answer

Seems like everything's changing. You'd think being an MSN game site, Microsoft would be on top of this. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by debodun, 08 September 2019 - 12:13 PM.