Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Encrypted files

• Please log in to reply

kreboldad

kreboldad

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have files inside my file safe. The photos are stored in SD card but they are encrypted.

1. Are encrypted files in SD card be viewed in a computer?
2. If the phone will be factory reset, can the encrypted files be viewed or seen or accessed after the reset?

Thanks.

Edited by kreboldad, 10 September 2019 - 07:41 AM.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello Kreboldad,

"It is important to remember to decrypt your microSD card before a Factory Data Reset, or if you are switching to a new phone. The data on your SD card will not be able to be read or decrypted after a reset or in another device."

"You can only decrypt the SD card files by inserting the SD card into the mobile device that was used to encrypt it and then entering the correct password when the device is powered on."

Thanks
zep :)

kreboldad

kreboldad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
So there is no other way of accessing the files of the SD card in File Safe after it was reset?

Is File Safe in Oppo really can encrypt a file?

Edited by kreboldad, 11 September 2019 - 12:38 AM.

kreboldad

kreboldad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I just used File safe in encrypting my other files in SD card. Are my files really encrypted and cannot be access after reset?

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

Are my files really encrypted and cannot be access after reset?

As far as I know that's true. I'm not a 100 percent on that though.

Thanks
zep :)