Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

StartUpCheckLibrary.dll was not found (Windows 10)

• Please log in to reply

aydzn

aydzn

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Everytime i'll start up my PC, It shows me the error that the StartUpCheckLibrary.dll was not found

I would appreciate it if someone can help me fix this.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Search for

task scheduler

hit Enter

Click on the arrow in front of Task Scheduler Library then on the arrow in front of Microsoft then in front of Windows then click on Application Experience.  You should only have the three tasks shown here:

[attachment=88986:TASKS.jpg]

Find the task which is not in the above picture (probably called: StartupCheckLibrary) and right click on it and Disable  (You can verify that this is the source of the problem by clicking on the task and then hitting the Actions button which will show in the Details that it is calling: rundll32.exe StartupCheckLibrary.dll,DllMainRunLibrary)

Sometimes you will also get a winscomrssrv.dll error at the same time.  This task is Microsoft\Windows\WDI\SrvHost and the actions should show:

rundll32.exe winscomrssrv.dll,SrvMainHost

This Task can also be disabled