Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Port Forwarding

• Please log in to reply

Space-Man

Space-Man

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
I'm currently trying to stream music through ShoutCast but when i try to connect to my ShoutCast server i'm told that the connection is refused and that i must disable my firewall. However, my firewall is disabled and i have also opend ports 8000-8001 on my router and still i get the error message. Love to see a solution to this one !!!!

Thanks

Advertisements

Hawker

Hawker

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
go into your router and foward only port 8000. set the router config to forward it to your private IP address, so that anything coming through port 8000 will go to you. make sure you have windows firewall and your router firewall off too...

Hawker

Hawker

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
also, make sure you have TCP checked.

(resetting the radio might help too.)

here is a link, in case that stuff doesnt work....but it worked for me when i used SC

http://sp0rky-n00b.co.uk/nakerror.html

Edited by Hawker, 19 June 2005 - 02:00 PM.

Space-Man

Space-Man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hawker, thanks for the reply but i'm having problems understanding (forwarding to my private ip), do you have Msn Messenger ? If you do it will be much easier for me.

Thanks

Edited by Space-Man, 19 June 2005 - 02:10 PM.

Hawker

Hawker

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
what kind of router do you have?

Edited by Hawker, 20 June 2005 - 03:02 PM.

Space-Man

Space-Man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Also, how do i disable my router firewall...i see no option on how to do that :tazz:

Hawker

Hawker

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
what kind of router is it? linksys? d-link? netgear?