Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SSD boot time 5 mins.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

nickf33

nickf33

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Cloned my ssd with macrim reflect replaced hard drive with it. Followed boot instructions off of google . for a while it would reboot on restart right away.If I shut down reboot 6to 8 min.Now same problem on restart and shut down. Thanks for any advice. can anyone tell correct bios configuration with my ssd?

Attached Thumbnails

• bios.jpg

Edited by nickf33, 05 October 2019 - 09:55 AM.

Advertisements

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Hey nickf33,

Try this:

Press and hold the windows key on your keyboard and then press R, when the run command box comes up, type in:

cmd

And then press and hold CTRL + SHIFT then while holding press enter.  This is open up the command prompt in admin mode.  When this comes up please type in:

sfc /scannow

Press enter, and let me know how this goes for you.  This scan can take a few minutes or more.

nickf33

nickf33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Thanks for reply Kiwi,Ran scan20191125_123809-1.jpg Looked at log have no idea thanks anyhow.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Hey,

Ok sweet, do the scan again, then if the same thing happens, do it one more time, let me know how that goes for you

nickf33

nickf33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Did scan twice, It happens intermittently  Sometimes it takes 5or 6 mins sometimes 30 sec.Don't shut down often so i  can live with that. Kiwi whats with( sweet) lol

Edited by nickf33, 01 December 2019 - 07:13 AM.