Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sync

• Please log in to reply

Rickles

Rickles

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Hi,

After an update Chrome is missing the top toolbar which has all my favourite searches and websites.

When I go into settings the Sync is off Blue bar says Turn on sync

I switch that on and it states Can't sync to rick.gmail address, This account is already used on this computer by Rick and then a blue bar has Switch to Rick

When I press this and open a new browser my toolbar is back.

Is there a work around this or should I just ditch Chrome and try another browser?

Regards

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

In Chrome click on the circle to the left of the three vertical dots (may have your picture or just a letter).  Click on Manage People.  You should see two boxes.  Find the one that you don't want (the other should be your  old ID). move the mouse over the unwanted one and you will see three vertical dots.  Click on them and Remove this person.  Restart Chrome and it should default back to your old ID.

Rickles

Rickles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Hi,

Followed your instructions and it defaulted to the original page with the tool bar and their contents.

Thank you for your help. instructions and time time.

:thumbsup: