Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

T2082 Emachine Hard Drive cables

* * * - - 1 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dezilio

dezilio

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello World... I will try to make this as short as possible.

The short version is I am looking for the cable that connects the hard drive to the old T2082 Emachine.  I have no clue what it looks like and where it plugs into the computer. 

Long version is I have a old game that I love and only works on Windows XP (Kings Quest Mask of Eternity).  I had a computer with XP on it but my client borrowed it and sold it.  Nerve right!!  Anyway, I tried to buy computer that had XP on it and through Letgo.  The girl came and gave me the computer, I brought it home and it did not turn on.  So got a new power supply and okay now it turns on but there was NO hard drive in it.  So.. I have so old hard drives but have no clue where they plug into the computer.  I tried to use my external hard drive through the USB connection but after formatting the hard drive and trying to install windows XP on it... it gave me that nasty message about if I recently installed a hard drive.. lalalala.  

anyway, does any one know how to connect this hard drive??  Pictures??  

Thank you

Debbie

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hey Deb,

If i were you I'd just get a computer on E-Bay with xp on it..

Like here,

https://www.ebay.com...ith xp&_sacat=0

I wouldn't fool with cables, hard drives and installs when you can get one cheap...

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Hi,

For an old computer like that it uses an IDE Hard Drive and you need an IDE cable.

https://www.easeus.c...-hard-drive.htm

For a single Drive the jumpers on the HDD must be set to Master and it should be connected to the end of the ribbon.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Redundant thread closed to prevent any further spam posts.