Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LAN disk stopped connecting

LAN disk

Best Answer Faina , 06 November 2019 - 05:53 PM

Dear experts, I've found the solution and I would share here, from this forum https://www.tenforum...ork-drives.html Basically "Some folks have fixed it [including myself] by go... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Faina

Faina

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Dear Experts,

I need your kind support for a weird thing that is happening on my LAN disk

LAN disk : IO data HDL-2A

I've already used that disk several times without any issues, but today it stopped connecting. I've added it as trusted device on Norton 360 but it's still the same

I can see it at its config web page, I can see that my data are still there, but can't access with the usual \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx from explorer. I've tried the \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\disk (one of the shared folders) but nothing too. I can see it at my "network location" as media disk, but my files are on a normal folder so I can't see them

Do you have any idea on what happened?

As side note, I've tried to update the firmware but the disk says that it's not for it... downloaded from the IO Data web site... very strange as well

Is it gone?

I really prefer not to reset...

Thanks in advance to everybody for the help!!!

Cheers

Advertisements

Faina

Faina

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
✓  Best Answer

Dear experts,

I've found the solution and I would share here, from this forum

https://www.tenforum...ork-drives.html

Basically

"Some folks have fixed it [including myself] by going to Control Panel, Programs and Features, and in Turn Windows features off or on assuring a checkmark is in SMB 1.0/CIF but also unchecking the sub entry of Automatic Removal. Having that SMB 1.0 unchecked is a default of latter updates."

This has fixed my issue

Cheers