Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sharing Internet to my phones (Via Wi-Fi)

Wi-Fi Hotspot

• Please log in to reply

Dr. Schnellinger (Again)

Dr. Schnellinger (Again)

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Hey there.

I have a Intel® mini laptop with Windows XP (Wireless adapter named Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 100)

I have access to the internet through a "3G Mobile Partner", or "Data Card" or I don't know how you call it in your location. It is an USB modem.

And I want to share my internet connection to my phone 'wirelessly', I mean, via Wi-Fi hotspot.

I've been searching on the internet and I found tutorials with the application "Connectify", it makes the process very simple, but it is paid software and I don't have any US$ or even a credit card.

Then I found "Connectiny", it allegedly does the same functions than the app mentioned above and for free. I installed the app and it says it is not a valid Win32 application. Perhaps it is only for Windows 7 x64 and above?

So my question is: How do I share my internet with my phone?

Advertisements