Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IBM thinkpad 760el problems look please!

• Please log in to reply

Conversion

Conversion

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello, im new here and i have a imb thinkpad 760el and im having a few problems, first problem i have a usb pcmcia card, and it has 2 usb ports on it and they are both reconized as: USB root hub (2) and also (2) NEC PCI to usbopen host controller(those drivers are all working and fine) but up on top it says "other devises" and under there is a pci universal serial bus with a yellow ? by it. and it says no drivers are installed, any help on that one? :tazz:

ok and im also having problems having it reconizing 2 pcmcia cards in at the same time, it sems to old read one, but both slots are working, iwas thinking maybe irq settings????

also the most annoying problem is that when i start up my system it says this: CANNOT FIND A DEVISE FILE THAT MAY BE NEEDED TO RUN A WINDOWS OR A WINDOWS APPLICATION. THE WINDOWS REGISTRY, OR SYSTEM.INI FILE REFERS TO THE DEVISE FILE, BUT THE DEVISE FILE NO LONGER EXISTS. IF YOU DELETED IT ON PURPOSE, TRY UNINSTALLING THE ASSOCIATED APPLICATION AGAIN USING THE SETUP, OR UNINSTALL PROGRAM.IF YOUSTILL WANT TO USE THE APPLICATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVISE FILE, TRY REINSTALLING THAT APPLICATION TO REPLACE THE MISSING FILE. C:\PROGRA`1\SYMANTEC\SYMEVNT.386 PRESSANY KEY TO CONTINUE.

Any help on any of these problem would be greatly apperciated, or please instant message me on aim at: yamahait425 thank youo much!!!

Advertisements