Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo account name

• Please log in to reply

Francis Oliver

Francis Oliver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Alright, this is probably going to seem like a silly question but it is giving me problems and I don’t know who to ask for help. I need to change the name on my Yahoo account so I went to My Account and changed it in the “yahoo ID card” window and under “address/contact information.” Now, when I sign into yahoo mail it welcomes me with the correct name however when I send e-mails to others they still receive it with the old name in the title. I was wondering how I could change the name so that when I e-mail people it comes with the proper name on it.
Thanks a ton for any information you can offer

Advertisements

HappyShiner

HappyShiner

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi there,

Go into your yahoo profile and change your name in there under 'real name'. That should address it.

Big Smiles

HS

Francis Oliver

Francis Oliver

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks a ton for your quick response but I changed it there and other e-mail addresses are still receiving it under the wrong name. Any other suggestions? I’ve changed it before on someone else’s account I just don’t remember how. I think it involved the verification e-mail address in some way but I’m afraid if I start messing with all my settings I’m just going to mess everything up.

HappyShiner

HappyShiner

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi,

Go into your email account...select Mail Options>>>>>General Preferences>>>>in 'From Your Name'...self explanatory....save settings on exit. Hope that helps.

Big Smiles

HS

Francis Oliver

Francis Oliver

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Awesome.

thank ya much!

HappyShiner

HappyShiner

• PipPip