Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Another Network problem

• Please log in to reply

dfb500

dfb500

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hi again, I am using a VPN client to access applications and computers remotely from my home office. I have setup a location on one of the remote computers in "my network place". Sometimes when I click on this icon to access some log files on the remote computer Windows crashes with a blue screen stating....
"A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer" There is some other text and then the last line states...
"Beginning dump of physical memory"

I am then forced to reboot the computer and after signing into VPN again I am able to access the remote computer no problem, this appears to occur whenever I access the remote computer for the first time, then it works for a while. I am accessing many other applications through VPN without incident so it seem peculiar to this one connection, any ideas?

David

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Have you had a chance to check windows support? The knowledge base is down right now, but i guess it will be up soon. I can't think of exactly why it would do that and then be fine after restart. What about if you reverse the connection, go to the other machine and connect to the one u were just at? does it still shutdown?

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<