After searching around I am still not sure how to go about fixing this issue. If anyone has an idea I would appreciate your time.
Misc info: This is a brand new windows 7 installation on my laptop. I just reinstalled the windows operating system on it 2 days ago.
-I was looking at DWM.EXE on my laptop and noticed it is also using 30,000k to 50,000k on my laptop and on my desktop DWM.EXE is only using 15,000k memory.
-The desktop has no problems I am only using it for comparison purposes
-I figured there was a common problem on the laptop between these services using more memory than they are supposed to so I was reading on tech forums about DWM.EXE. It was said that drivers not being up to date could cause this.
-I had used only the windows update utility for drivers in the first 2 videos so I just used a free program called " driver booster " to update my drivers.
- The result is I am having the same small issue with svchost.exe and dwm.exe using unusually high amounts of memory after the driver updates, but a difference is that when I ask svchost.exe to " go to service " it is now pointing at a different service than in the other videos (before I used a driver update program):
-I also notice on my windows 7 desktop, svchost.exe is not even listed in the process list; however, on my laptop with the fresh install of windows 7 it is.
Edited by Jenna91, 11 December 2019 - 01:28 PM.