Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pranking my bf w/ Cumberbatch

prank exe

• Please log in to reply

L.Lip

L.Lip

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello everyone, I am a new member, and I seek advice on setting up a prank. 

The prank is to have a 15sec animation play on my bf's computer. The trick is, of course, that he wouldn't be able to switch it off for those 15 minutes. 

I have crafted the animation, so I now have an mp4 file. I was thinking about crafting an exe file, that enforces the video to play through and in full screen mode. 

I will then put it on his computer and change the icon to teamspeak icon, or something benign that he uses a lot, preferably when I'm home so i get to see his reaction  :D

And just to be clear: my bf hates Benedict Cumberbatch, so naturally, i think it will be brilliant for him to come home on his birthday, and watch as Dr Strange jumps onto his desktop (the animation starts like his ordinary desktop), and twerk a bit. There's a soundtrack too, of course, which is very important and completes this masterpiece. 

I understand asking for help to set up a prank might come off as sinister, but this is honestly just some benevolent mischief I'm sure he'll appreciate ))

Thank you for reading )

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

Hello L.Lip,

While your intentions may be harmless fun to you accessing and making changes to anyone's computer but your own is not something that any reputable forum will help you with, to do so would put any forum on the wrong side of the law and a possible law suit.

L.Lip

L.Lip

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thank you for replying! I understand. I feel I should mention, the computer in q is our mutual asset, which is why i didn't ask for help actually accessing it. I have a free access to it.

I wanted to know how to make an exe file out of an mp4 file, which is not illegal in any way, to my knowledge.

My mistake was, from how I see it, oversharing and confessing the end purpose. I was hoping someone might have an easier solution than the one with the exe.

I appreciate your answer anyway ))

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

Sorry but we have no way of knowing whether or not you have free access to this computer and especially after you referred to the computer as "his"

I wanted to know how to make an exe file out of an mp4 file, which is not illegal in any way, to my knowledge.

My mistake was, from how I see it, oversharing and confessing the end purpose. I was hoping someone might have an easier solution than the one with the exe.

Not what you said in your OP which was "I have crafted the animation, so I now have an mp4 file. I was thinking about crafting an exe file," regardless you did not make a mistake by explaining your intentions you did the right thing, can you imagine what could have happened if someone did help you with this and the end result was Windows got corrupted or the computer got infected with malware.

You are welcome in any event and thank you for your understanding.