chkdsk keeps pausing around 18-19% and wont finish loading
Problem starting StartupCheckLibrary.dll
Posted 09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM
Once the computer has booted to Normal Mode, please run the following tool:
Download gsmartcontrol and save it to your desktop.
- Extract the .zip file to your desktop. (Right-click the file, and select Extract)
- Double-click on gsmartcontrol.exe
- A list of hard drives will appear, single-click each disk to see Drive Information and identify your drive.
note: most machines will only have one or two entries, but an easy way to identify your drive is by its size.
- Double-click on the hard drive to see detailed Device Information
- Click on the Attributes tab, do you see any red or pink entries like the ones below? Please list the names in your next reply if there are any.
- Click on the Perform Tests tab.
- Select Extended Self-Test and click Execute.
note: this test can take several hours to run
- Allow the test to complete, the results will be displayed at the bottom.
- Please post the result of the scan in your next reply.
Posted 09 January 2020 - 10:56 PM
There were no red or pink entries.
the output for gsmartcontrol came with no errors and this was the output:
Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:51 PM
Sorry for the delay - please do the following:
Scan with ListChkDskResult
Please download ListChkDskResult by SleepyDude and save it to your desktop.
- Right-click on the icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
- A message about checking Windows Event Log will pop-up. Click OK.
- A notepad window will open. This won't take long.
- The displayed logfile will be also saved to your desktop as ListChkDskResult.txt.
Please include the content of this file in your next reply.
Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:10 PM
These were the results:
Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:13 PM
Try running Chkdsk again via the steps in this post. If it stops at the same point, let me know. If not, follow the steps to retrieve the Chkdsk report and post the results.
Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:28 PM
Here is the contents:
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users