Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo mail saved login but password forgotten

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

orangutan

orangutan

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

My elderly father has a yahoo mail account and he has forgotten his password.

His only back-up was another email which has long expired. On his laptop which uses Chrome, Windows 7 he is still logged in but the password is not on the list saved by Chrome. If he tries to set up another backup he will have to enter his password which he no longer knows. I have seen various paid and free applications which claim to retrieve passwords in this situation. I am wary about the free ones because they often come with unwanted nuisanceware and worse.

Any advice? I have always had good advice from this site.

Like the password must be saved by Chrome somewhere?

Thanks.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Little late but might be help here for Chrome.

https://www.howtogee...ords-in-chrome/

orangutan

orangutan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Thanks a lot, but the yahoo password doesn´t appear. There are just a couple of passwords for minor sites which he saved, and he told me neither one is his email password.

No one got any experience of yahoo password decryptor type software_

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
I have seen various paid and free applications which claim to retrieve passwords in this situation. 

If it is at all possible then the first point of contact should be with Yahoo and gaining access to the back up email address, they will hopefully have a back up telephone number or security question stored that they can either send an SMS to or ask the security question, other than the two legitimate means suggested no other assistance can be offered with gaining access to passwords as is explained in the GTG Terms of Use

• Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

Thread closed as per the above explanation.