Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive

having hard drive replace.

• Please log in to reply

nurseroo

nurseroo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi guys,

I figured this is the best place to get answers to my questions.  About 2 weeks ago my computer started acting weirdly, it would shut down the page Im on and open up 2-5 more.  So, I brought my puter to "my computer guy" and just by checking fast he told me it was the keyboard that was making the computer acting this way.  He however said that the Hard drive was on the brinks of needing to be replace.  So, I said  to go ahead and the next day I have my puter back.  Start it up, it freezes, reboot, it freezes, reboot and everything just stopped.  Call the puter guy and he said it might've been a defective hard drive? now it is at the puter guy for almost 5 days I reached him and he said he put a new hard drive in it...but when I open my computer, it works great...but all the little reminder files on home page, and all the saved pics are not mine....what does all of this mean...he is putting used parts and passing them off as new part? would it explain I've just told you?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:   nurseroo,

The home page has nothing to do with what is on any HDD but where are the pictures that you mention being stored, on the replacement HDD or are they also on the internet somewhere such as OneDrive or the Cloud etc.