Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

W0lfGirl16

W0lfGirl16

• Pip
  • 3 posts
so i did this online tutorial as to how to get s mode off of my computer, and it said restart, so i did. when it turned back in, my screen turned blurry and i cant even log in. how do i fix this? ive already tried to restart and shut it off...

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:  W0lfGirl16,

See if you are able to force the computer to start in the Windows Recovery Environment (RE) by starting up and shutting down the computer two or three times using the case power button, please note that you need to shut down the computer after the MBs splash screen and just as Windows attempts to load, if successful you should then continue to the Troubleshooting options and then hopefully be able to use a system restore point that is before you made the changes that have caused this problem. 

W0lfGirl16

W0lfGirl16

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

:welcome:  W0lfGirl16,

See if you are able to force the computer to start in the Windows Recovery Environment (RE) by starting up and shutting down the computer two or three times using the case power button, please note that you need to shut down the computer after the MBs splash screen and just as Windows attempts to load, if successful you should then continue to the Troubleshooting options and then hopefully be able to use a system restore point that is before you made the changes that have caused this problem. 

that didnt work.. any other ideas?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

It would help if you told us what exactly happened, you help us to help you  :happy:

W0lfGirl16

W0lfGirl16

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
okay, will do.

so, i looked up a tutorial that was titled 3 Options to Get My Windows 10 Computer Out of Safe Mode. i did the second method, and here are the steps:

Step 1: Right-click on the Win logo in the lower left corner of Windows 10 desktop or press Win + X keyboard shortcuts, and then in the popped menu click Run to open Run dialog box
Step 2: Type msconfig and click OK. This will open System Configuration dialog.
Step 3: Select the Boot tab. Untick the Safe boot checkbox under Boot options. Then click Apply and OK
Step 4: Click Restart to restart your computer to make the changes take effect. After computer boots up, Windows 10 will directly get into its normal mode

after i did step 4, my computer screen went to the login thing, but everything was blurry and i couldnt even see the bar where i put my pin in

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

I meant when you tried the steps that were suggested in my reply #2, getting into the Windows RE is a must else you will need Windows 10 media to sort this out. 

Just a fyi, it is unusual for you to get issues in Safe Mode as only the Windows generic drivers are loaded and this includes those for the graphics which if you have previously been running Windows 10 should not be causing this issue.