Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleted .Dll Files

• Please log in to reply

operation ivy

operation ivy

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
Hey everyone,

My anti virus (avg) detected some .dll files in my system 32 folder and automaticly deleted them. after restarting my computer as instructed the internet no longer works. i am on a network with one other computer in my home. the internet still works on that one though. i am unsure what to do. i have tried network connection wizard and what not and nothing seems to work. when i try and repair my connection with the wizard it gives me an error "unable to renew ip address" another thing i noticed is that under network connections my "internet gateway" is gone. i have no idea how to replace it. if anyone knows anything about this i would appreciate the help.

Advertisements

HappyShiner

HappyShiner

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi there,

Sounds like you've deleted your IP stack. Run WinsockFix to repair it:

http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=257

Let us know if that solves your problem :tazz:

Big Smiles

HS

operation ivy

operation ivy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
thats quite a handy tool. thank you for replying so quickly to. needless to say it worked.

HappyShiner

HappyShiner

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
You are most welcome, glad to have helped :tazz:

Big Smiles

HS